Monday, March 3, 2014

Compositional Surfaces

For 1c, I examined the matrix that I have been working on and was interested in the surface that looked like  frayed ribbon, with curling edges.


I selected the last three surfaces from the series of morphologies of the original object to further study the geometries of surfaces. From these three surfaces, I chose the end segment (in red) to isolate. 

I then isolated the pieces from their parent surfaces, rotating them and seeing how they morphed from one to the next.


When I turned on the control points for the surfaces, I was surprised to find the control points for the entire original surface embedded in the segments. 



Below are the surfaces I am 3D printing. I want to see, physically, how the added complexity in control points affects the surface as it morphs.


Physical manifestation of surfaces


No comments:

Post a Comment